Mikey's Muppet Memorabilia Museum

Mikey's Muppet Memorabilia Museum

Tuesday, December 2, 2014

Get Your Honkers In A Row

Here they all are together at long last! At the risk of sounding like a complete nut case, I've been trying for YEARS to accomplish this photo. That is, to get all of my plush Honker toys in one place. With all the boxes of Muppet stuff that I have, these little guys ended up being packed away in different places. If I would find one or two, the others would inevitably be buried away in storage and inaccessible. So finally it has happened that I've found them all. Here's the happy new family! The taller 9 inch Honkers (orange, pink, and purple) were made by Hasbro/Playskool in 1983. The smaller 8 inch fuzzy Honkers were made by Applause in 1992-93. Applause also made larger sized plush Honkers that look identical to these 8 inch toys, as well as at least one hand puppet. Does the fact that I know all of this make me a Honker Historian? Hmmm?

No comments: